Weekly Obsession: All I Know Now


I have known about this book for a while now. I like Carrie Fletcher, I watch her videos and have seen her in Les Mis twice. Every time I talked to her she's been absolutely wonderful, so it was only a matter of time before 'All I Know Now' made an appearance on this blog.
But now that All I Know Now is reaching its publication date (23/04/2015) the internet is getting excited. Also, if you pre-order the book before publication day it is only half price

Meaning, it's only logical that this week's obsession is All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher.




We all know that growing up is hard to do, and sometimes the only thing that makes it better are the reassuring words of someone who has walked that bumpy road just a few steps ahead of you and somehow ended up as a fully-functioning adult.
 
Carrie Hope Fletcher is that person.* Thanks to her phenomenally popular YouTube videos, Carrie has become an 'honorary big sister' to hundreds of thousands of young people who turn to her for advice, friendship and, most of all, the knowledge that things will get better. Carrie has created a safe and positive space for young people to connect and share their hopes and concerns online, and now she will share her most personal thoughts and experiences in her first book, ALL I KNOW NOW. 
Part memoir, part advice guide, it will include Carrie's thoughts on some of the topics she's asked about most regularly: bullying, body image, relationships and perhaps the scariest question of all: what does the future hold for me? With warmth, wit and a sprinkling of hard-won wisdom, Carrie will provide the essential tools for growing up gracefully ...most of the time. *Although she did recently post a video about how to pee in a onesie. So the definition of 'adult' is a bit flexible here ... 
Source: Waterstones

Get it on:
- Waterstones (half price*)
- Amazon
- The Book Depository (FREE world wide shipping)

(*shipping costs not included)

What about me?

I ordered this book a while ago now and, as mentioned, I like Carrie as a person a lot so if I end up liking the book only half as much as her than this should be good.
The reviews so far seem all very promising and I'm curious to read it.
I might be a little older than Miss Fletcher but I doubt it's too late for anyone to maybe learn something new or get another person's perspective on certain things or issues that you as a person may have struggled with too.

So far it sounds very promising and I can't wait until the book is waiting in my mail box for me to pick it up.

Comments